Joe & I had so much fun tonight creating this bird in a cage science experiment. It is so easy to make and created an environment of hands-on learning.
To do this science experiment:
1. Print the printable and cut both circles out. Grab your FREE printable in my shop. (you have to check out, but it's free) You can also use a cup to trace two circles. Cut them out. Draw a bird on one and a cage on the other.
2. Glue the two circles together. The bird should be up on one side and the cage pointing the opposite direction on the other side.3. Punch 2 holes on each side of the circle.
4. Cut two pieces of string the length of your arm.
5. Thread the string through the holes and tie a knot at the end of each string.
6. Hold the two ends of your string and flip the bird & cage using a circle motion with your arms.
7. When the circle will not flip anymore, pull the strings taut. The circle should turn on it's own and appear as if the bird is in the cage.
If you would like to do more experiments like this you can find them in 50 Science Things To Make & Do
*This link will lead you to my PaperPie site. If you purchase this book I will receive a commission at no additional charge to you*
Anatomy Books For Kids
This month we have been learning all about the Anatomy. We have been using My Little Hands Learn for the hands-on resources for this month and we also read a lot of books because books are an undervalued resource. There are so many times that Joe picks up facts that we have read from books and most of the time I'm fairly certain he isn't even listening to me lol. I did grab a few books from the library to also supplement, but I was actually disappointed in the few that they had available at our library. I normally try to use our bridge system, but I have just been so far behind and I am terrible about ordering books for pick up and then actually going to the library and picking them up.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies